4.07.2012

Tulips, Tulips, and No Tulips

SOOOO today I had the great idea to go to the great city of Mt. Vernon for the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival (you can check it out here... ). I was told there was going to be rows and rows of tulips and you can see nothing but tulips. Naturally, I was super excited about this and was dreaming of pictures I could take...

This all sound great doesn't it? Wrong...I drove there (30 minutes away) and printed off a small black and white map hoping to experience this greatness. I get there and I can't find the tulips!! They are no where to be found. I follow the map and the signs, but I do not see any beautiful colorful flowers. Luckily the drive isn't a TOTAL bust, there were daffodils blooming, but they are just daffodils... nothing too special. Anyway, I was able to drive around the cute little town and countryside. Here are some pictures from the day...hopefully I can go down later in the month (the fesitval lasts all month) and get some tulip pictures! That is if its not raining.... chances aren't very high...

The farms would let people pull over on the side of the road and walk through the rows and rows of flowers...






Happy Easter!!

-M

1 comment: